Tuesday, March 27, 2012
This week's Featured Artisan is Tracy Cornell - Braggin' Rights Bath!
Indulge yourself in luxurious bath salts, body butter, bath bombs, and
yummy soaps! You deserve to spoil yourself! You can find Tracy on:
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Jessica Cauthon - The Chickadee Tree is This Week's Featured Artisan for Share the Love, Blogger's Unite. Unique Creations made by a lovely Artisan! You can find The Chickadee Tree on:
Saturday, March 10, 2012
To my surprise this week, Teresa at Hollyhocks, All Things Creative awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Teresa said, "I've awarded you The Versatile Blogger award because of your faithful blogging about your work and the work of others". What a wonderful compliment.
As a recipient it is now my job to tell you 7 random facts about me and then pass the award on to 15 other bloggers. Boy! This will be a task.
1. Every Friday for lunch, I eat at this little Mediterranean diner close to my office. I walk in and it's like "Norm!" Actually, they say Sarah, but you get the idea. Each time, the owner brings me out something new to try.
2. I just purchased my first home last week - my grandmother's house, my mother's childhood home. Renovations/upgrades start in 2 weeks!
3. I was a nanny for a family with six children - 3 boys and 3 girls. I'm still a part of their lives.
4. I record General Hospital and never miss an episode.
5. I'm weak for Dr. Pepper
6. My favorite color is yellow
7. I have a small library shelf dedicated to JFK and Jackie books and a statue. I'm fascinated by the family, the social scene of the time, and the timelessness of Jackie....
The 15 bloggers that I will pass the Versatile Blogger award to are:
1. A Fashion Blog: SixThirtyThree
2. A Foodie Blog: Crazy for Crust
3. A Sassy Crafter: The Sassy Packrat
4. The Bag Maker: By Your Side
5. A Blog of Crafty Project Tips: Positively Splendid
6. The Do it Yourselfer Blog: The Design Confidential
7. The Artist/Sketch Blog: Pop Art Minis
8. Creativity Unleashed - Projects, Food, Oh My!: Laura Dickey
9. The Traveling Adventurous Bear: Theodore's Travels
10. The Polymer Clay Artist Mom: Whimsical Creations
11. The Photographer: Aspiring Images by Rachel
12. The Bridal Enthusiast: FancieStrands
Thursday, March 1, 2012
I saw this idea on one of my favorite blogs I follow, Positively Splendid (PS) last year and had it tucked away for future blogging topics to share. PS is written by Amy and she comes across the coolest ideas and also has some great guest bloggers who do too. Here's one of those ideas, a Windproof Picnic Blanket. It's truly genius and I had a "Duh!" moment when I saw it.
Here are the supplies you'll need:
- Grommet plier kit
- Golf tees
- Old quilt or blanket
- Small zippered bag
- O-ring that pulls apart
|Image from Positively Splendid|